Thursday, June 7, 2007

The simple things in life...

I went back to my favorite lunch place again today. I come in almost every day, at roughly the same time every day, and I always try to be nice and polite to the people who work there. Today they had a new girl there working the midday shift, and I realized how spoiled I've become.

Some of my coworkers tease me about the fact that I eat at the same place every single day, but I have a good reason for it. Apart from really liking the food they serve, I like the unspoken perks that come with being recognized and not despised by the ones serving the food.

This new girl didn't recognise me at all, so she put the standard amounts of vegetables on my sub, and I had to ask her for a cup for my drink.

It irritated me. What's the point of coming back every day if I don't get something extra for it?

No comments: